Fully Integrated 5G RF Front-End Coupled with Modularity and Flexibility Samples to Customers, Delivers Unparalleled Performance, Cost and Time-to-Market Advantages
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., February 22, 2018 – MWC 2018 – Movandi, a privately held company with a mission to revolutionize millimeter wave networks, today introduced and has started sampling an industry breakthrough and innovative approach to radio frequency (RF) front-end design with its BeamX solutions for fixed and mobile networks. Movandi’s BeamX solutions are truly unique since they were designed and optimized as a complete RF front-end and provide unmatched performance, cost and size advantages that unlock the potential of 5G and other multi-gigabit networks.
Movandi’s new BeamX 28 and BeamX 39 solutions provide a fully integrated RF front-end system in a modular, high performance design to support a broad range of 5G millimeter wave applications, from base stations, small cells, and mobile broadband access points. The complete RF front-end solution optimizes the antenna to baseband interface and integrates RF, PA and LNA, up and down converters, and frequency synthesizer/PLL. The combination of Movandi’s RF front-end with advanced beamforming algorithms and calibration techniques deliver superior performance in emerging mmWave networks.
“We are breaking the paradigm of traditional fabless semiconductor companies by combining new innovation and world-class experience in RF integrated circuits, antennas, systems, and algorithms design disciplines to address the challenges of millimeter wave deployments,” said Maryam Rofougaran, Co-CEO and COO, Movandi. “Providing the highest levels of performance and maintaining a great deal of modularity and flexibility ensure that 5G and millimeter wave technology can be broadly deployed in real-world scenarios across abroad set of use cases and deployment scenarios.”
BeamX Product Highlights:
- Complete RF front-end solution: Optimizes the antenna to baseband interface and integrates RF PA and LNA, up and down converters, and frequency synthesizer/PLL.
- Modular architecture: Scalable to support 16 to 256 element array sizes. Enables support for fixed networks from base stations, small cells, and fixed broadband access points to mobile from hot spots to tablets and laptops.
- High performance and high efficiency design: The RF front-end has been designed to support the full bandwidth and 256-QAM, ensuring compatibility beyond Release 15.
- Flexible beam support: Simultaneous and independent dual polarization and dual beam operation with ability to scale up to 32 simultaneous beams with independent polarization.
- System level calibration: Robust performance achieved through online (on-the-fly) calibration with devices and across devices in array.
- High speed beam forming: Low-latency beam switching and high-resolution, on-chip beam-book memory.
- Consistency across array: Automatic phase and frequency synchronized sub-arrays support high performance across larger phased arrays.
- Cost optimized: Modular using mature bulk CMOS process and standard substrates for antennas and system boards.
Movandi is sampling BeamX 28 GHz solutions to its early access partners including OEMs, service providers and operators, and will be demonstrating 5G capabilities at MWC 2018. To schedule a private demonstration or meeting during MWC in Barcelona, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Movandi is a venture-backed startup, formed by some of today’s top leaders in wireless communications. Having pioneered the integration of RF and digital in standard bulk CMOS for numerous wireless standards, their focus now is to reinvent multi-gigabit millimeter wave solutions for fixed and mobile networks. Today’s high frequency networks are filled with a myriad of technical challenges. Movandi’s innovative RF front-end technology provides the foundation for unlocking the potential of high frequency wireless communications, opening numerous new market opportunities and applications. www.movandi.com